- EASES BACK PAIN as strengthens the back and helps rehabilitate injuries through gentle correction
-BUILDS STRENGTH of weak muscles to support and protect the body
- DECREASES BODY FAT as raises heart rate to encourage gentle cardiovascular workout
- FLATTER STOMACH as Pilates encourages the Transversus Abdominus muscles to engage which corset the body
- TIGHT, STRONG PHYSIQUE as exercises hone and sculpt body shape
- IMPROVES MUSCULAR ENDURANCE so that you can perform every day tasks without fatigue
- IMPROVES FLEXIBILITY which reduces stiffness, soreness, and the chance of injury
- HELPS DIGESTION as the exercises stimulate the system
- IMPROVES POSTURE due to heightened awareness of body positioning and constant correction of muscle alignment
-INCREASES COORDINATION AND BALANCE
- IMPROVES BREATHING AND CIRCULATION as each movement requires coordinated breathing to bring oxygen to the muscles and deepen your awareness
- IMPROVES SLEEPING PATTERNS as breath encourages relaxation
Matwork & Reformer Classes
Matwork Pilates is an exercise system that stretches and strengthens the whole body to improve balance, muscle strength, flexibilty and posture.
After an initial consultation and postural assessment, we will build a comprehensive mat work-out based on your needs.
The session begins with a standing mobilty warm-up to ensure the body is ready for exercise, before moving down to the mat.
The use of props such as bands, ball, magic circles, and blocks may also be used where appropriate.
The Reformer is in essence a bed-like frame with a moving platform known as the carriage. The carriage is attached via a set of springs of differing resistance, which are adjusted according to the exercises practiced.
One of the best things about the Reformer is its versatility. Exercises can be done lying down, sitting, standing, pulling the straps, pushing the footbar, perched on the footbar, with additional equipment, upside down, sideways, and all kinds of variations.
It is a constantly evolving workout ensuring that as you progress so to do the exercises, there is no fear of the plateau.